Let’s face it: you just want to know you can buy from our website with peace of mind knowing that we won’t do anything silly with your details. The answer is YES !
We are firm believers in personal privacy, are registered with the ICO (UK Data Protection Agency) and will do all we can to ensure we keep the data we hold on you private.
What information do we collect?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a Web site, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Account registration and transaction information.
We keep only the minimum neccessary to process your orders and retain an order history.
If you pay by credit/debit card through WorldPay, or by PayPal, we NEVER see your card information. If you pay by card over the telephone, any card information you give us is retained no longer than is required to process your payment, and is then immediately destroyed in accordance with PCI data protection principles.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet.
Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as traffic data so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
What do we do with the information that we collect?
WE WILL NEVER PASS OR SELL ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTY MARKETING AGENCIES.
We will only pass your details on to another party under the following circumstances:
- If legally compelled to do so (e.g. if the police or HMRC insist that we do so).
- If required in order o process orders placed on our site, e.g. your name and address may be passed to the companies processing your payment (although we never see any credit/debit card information you may enter on their sites)
- If we have to use a debt collection agency to obtain or reclaim payment – very much the last resort !
- If a Paypal, credit or debit card payment is disputed or reversed, in which case we may give information to our payment processor to resolve the issue, or (if we believe we are subject to fraud) to the police or courts.
- To our couriers (where applicable) in order for them to facilitate deliveries to you.
- We will only hold onto personal information about you which is neccessary to process your orders or required for tax or legal reasons.
- If you have a credit account with us, we will retain sufficient data to enable us to operate your account.
- We may use limited personal information (names, email addresses etc) to conduct marketing campaigns. We will not pass your information to external advertising agencies, although we may use third party software to generate email newsletters, and if we send you marketing emails we will always include an option to unsubscribe. We want to send you information we hope you’ll find interesting, not junk mail !
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by contacting us by letter, email or using the “Contact us” form on our website.
Links to other websites
We are not responsible for the practices employed by Web sites linked to or from our Web site or the information or content contained therein. Often links to other Web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Web site.
A Special Note About Children
While we don’t intend anything on our website to be deliberately (or accidentally) offensive or inappropriate, children are not eligible to use our services unsupervised and we ask that children (under the age of 16) do not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you should use this website only in conjunction with permission and guidance from your parents or guardians.
Acquisition or Changes in Ownership
In the event that the web site (or a substantial portion of its assets) is acquired, your information would be considered part of those assets, and may be part of those assets that are transferred.
Last Updated: 11.6.2015 (clarifications to cookies & use of data sections)